Would a UK gamer widow speak to the BBC?

A forum dedicated to the discussion of events and gaming news that are happening at home or around the world. Feel free to discuss politics, religion, news, anything game related, etc. Media requests go in this forum only.

Note: This forum is closely moderated.

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Faeril, Lyoness, max, Neglected

Would a UK gamer widow speak to the BBC?

Postby bbc ipm on Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:47 am

Hello,
I work for the BBC Radio 4 show, iPM. We've been contacted by two teachers who are worried that some students spend hours playing games such as World of Warcraft - resulting in poor academic performance.
During my research, I found gamerwidow.com and was moved by the posts I read. Our audience would be hugely touched to hear about the effect excessive gaming can have on adults and their relationships. It is a topic which is so often ignored or dismissed as a teenage problem.
Would a UK gamer widow be at all interested in speaking to iPM (ipm@bbc.co.uk or http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ipm/2008/11/your_ideas_2.shtml). I especially like to hear from both sides - gamer and widow (even a reformed gamer and ex-widow). I understand that these topics are not easy to speak about openly and we would treat any contributor with the utmost sensitivity.
Yours,
Ryan
bbc ipm

Return to Media Room, Current Events & Gaming News